Wednesday, May 5, 2021

My trek upto Salpa-Silichung-4156

 

I started my trek on 9th Mangsir, 2077 up to Salpa Silichung. My first day kickstarted from Lalitpur to Diktel. I started riding at 8 AM and reached Halesi Mahadev (Holesung) at approximately 251km, which rode by me till 2 PM. I ate fish in Jayaram Ghat, you can enjoy fresh fish from Dukhkoshi if you via this way… I visited Halesi caves and Halesi Bazar but due to covid19, I couldn’t enter inside the main temple. After an hour, I moved to Tuwachung dada, which is famous in both the Kirant myth and the Rai community. The first civilization; Tayama, Khiyama and Hechhakuppa: Tayama and Khiyama were the first women to establish the knitting (handloom) industry and Hechhakuppa was the first man who established farming in Kirant history. I observed Tuwachung Dada and moved to Diktel bazar of Khotang for the night stay. I stayed in Diktel with my brother Jerry.





The very next day, I rode to Chakhewa Katiike, where I grew up.  After a day, we (our team) started our journey towards Silichung. (One of the most well-known destinations in Eastern Nepal). We reached Dhotre the border of Khotang and Bhojpur through Maluwa Pokhari and Dalchinge Dhunga. The next day, we woke up early in the morning then packed all things (luggage and food) and moved ahead. For lunch, we reached Dilpa Nagi (Haruwapani) nearby Maiyung hill. We cooked our meal according to our duties… likewise, fetching water, collecting firewood, cutting meat and cooking. 


After eating lunch, we walked again. Our destination for the day was Rawadhap but I was exhausted because of the long and steep way. While we moved from Haruwa Pani we reached Bakhor (tiger trap) and Tarakhase Pokhari, interesting fact behind this pond' name is the star that was fallen there that created a pond that is why its name is Tarakhase Pokhari. After observation of Tarakhase Pokhari and Bagkhor, we moved to our next location Satdobato. Where we can get 7 ways to separate different locations. Continuously, we reached Laure Bhir, where we have to offer a stick for a better and successful journey. This Laurebhir is steep uphill, the way is very risky as well. Our water bottles were already empty. So, it was a hard moment to climb uphill without water and we used an alternative to water as ghee, we ate ghee and continued our journey till Rawadhap.  When we reached there all sheep and Chauri sheds were packed, finally, one of my relatives booked one shed for us to stay there and somehow I felt relief in a fatigue mood.  We have enjoyed a lot at night eating local foods with drinks as well as typical songs too. 

The Rawadhap is the fountain of Rawakhola, which place is famous for Sampang Rai, where they started their upbringing. The next day our final destination was Salpa, so we decided to move early. Then in our journey on the way, we observed Hadipokhari (Step pond of Salpa) and its history. It has an amazing saying and features too. There is a belief that once if we crossed the pond shouldn’t look back again.  Our lunch cooker went fast to make rice when we reached … one friend is waiting for us to show the direction of our cooked food. But that place was half an hour from the main route that moment was hilarious. Salt was with us and they went half an hour far from the main route to cooked food due to scarcity of water. Many of us didn’t go to eat lunch because of the far and steep slope way from our main path to Salpa Silichung. We left them and started to drink alcohol and fry maize on an empty stomach. Then we moved without waiting for our other friends. When we reached Bikhe (Bhike), some left friends met us and we started drinking again, I was overwhelmed by the news that Salpa is nearby from this area. So, I started heavy drinking alcohol made by locals using millet. Tukse is traditional a pot of the Rai community which is made up of wood. So I drunk a shot in Tukse that made me unconscious (Knock out). Then I don’t know anything till the next day. While under the overpressure of pee, I woke up at 2 AM, everything was blank in my head due to yesterday’ alcohol. Finally, I asked my friends what happened yesterday and where my belongings are. Then all my friends started to tease me about whatever I have done yesterday due to heavy drinking. 




At 4 AM, we started our journey towards Silichung peak. It was a very scary and unforgettable moment in my life. Because of the steep uphill, my legs were shaking. But I didn’t give up. My willpower finally led me to a successful journey to the top, at 4156m above sea level. I enjoyed the trip a lot on the top of the Silichung, and the mesmerizing scenes and vistas gave me happiness throughout the journey. Everyone who visits is captivated by the enigmatic history and scenery. We sense that a piece of heaven has fallen to earth after viewing this place. This is one of the quality-tour locations for nature lovers.


Sujan Rai

Author & Editor

Traveller and explorer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment